New Work

I am busy trying to get my work complete for the Freedom Competition being run by the Henry Foyle Trust. A few pictures below show the beginning of my sketch book for this. I suppose I am really using my sketch book this time as a way of sampling techniques as well as some sketching. I think this is helping me to translate my work into stitch more easily, if I use stitch as part of my drawing - even just to create backgrounds or to stitch over coloured pages. Trying not to reinvent the wheel (a favourite habit of mine) by continuing with my mapping and aerial photography as a starting point. In order to fulfill the brief set by the competition my work is based on the idea of a "freedom to roam", the marks we make as we go and the things I observe as I walk around.


Comments

  1. such a clever idea Fiona! I saw ur work at New Designers and just had to sign up for more info! keep up the great work p.s- ur skirts really were beautiful @ ND! Kay x

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your visit...was fun to follow the breadcrumbs through the forest and arrive here..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment