Festival of Quilts

Just back from the Festival of Quilts which has been such a positive and lovely event, I think I will be back to earth with a bump today. If you came to visit my stand, then I must say a very big thank you to all of you for making it a truly inspiring experience to have met so many positive, friendly and passsionate people. I hope you will all keep coming back to my blog and stay in touch.

A few of the highlights for me were the other graduates who were exhibiting, as they all start to get blogs and websites, I will be adding links to my blog page so you can see their work too. My neighbour Liz Turton who had amazing knitted and woven fabrics, I hope will become a good friend and we are hoping to do some collaborative work in the future. Other graduates included Tracey Tubb (http://www.traceytubb.wordpress.com/), and Naomi Cotrufo, who had some beautiful embroidery work.

I was also lucky enough to have a visit from Claire Benn and Leslie Morgan from Committed to Cloth (http://www.committedtocloth.com/). They are truly inspiring and you must visit their website. Their books are worth every penny.

Linda and Laura Kemshall also visited the stand, (http://www.lindakemshall.com/), they are passionate about quilts and also have books and journals that are well worth a look. In particular, The Painted Quilt is my favourite.

Anyway - I am gushing, but am still probably over excited after the last 4 days, so check out all my new links on the right to see what else I discovered. Below is a picture of my stand (must do something better with that tablecloth next time!).


Comments

  1. Truely beautiful work fiona, Thankyou for the link and hope to see you very soon,
    Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fiona, I'm glad to hear it all went well. Sorry I couldn't make it I would have like to have seen the show. The summer has just disappeared and I still have so much to do. I hope everything is going well with your work. I think you have earned a bit of a rest!
    Best wishes, Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ! loved your work & was great to meet u. iv got my own blog now (its taken me all day lol)
    will have to meet up soon & keep in touch, seen as we both live in the hud! :)
    naomi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the lovely comments - I will be in touch with all of you soon - just having a few days off!! (well trying to??) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work at the FOQ - my sister and I were bowled over by your pieces. All the best with your future studies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Fiona. It was so nice to meet you at FOQ.
    I just loved your work. It is so beautiful! I'm so pleased with the picture that I bought from you. I love it!
    I have just mentioned you in my latest blog post if yo want to have a look :-)
    http://SewDanish.blogspot.com

    Take care and good luck to you
    Birgitte

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your work looks lovely Fiona - sadly I missed the FOQs this year - I will try to get there next year and maybe your work will be there again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment