This weeks find!

Finally my new starting point for my MA seems to be taking shape. From a few visits to archives, I realise my love of collecting and want to incorporate this somehow. I want to enjoy my MA as well as find it challenging, so have decided to share each weeks find on my blog. Perhaps I am starting my own archive of sorts? I am not sure where this will take me, but its a beginning.

So this week, when I should have been in London, but was snowed in at Mum's - I was helping her take the Xmas tree down and in one of her cupboards spotted these and I can't resist a box...

The patina on them is lovely and the contents...


Cutlery and lots of it. Not silver, just plain old stainless steel. I think the order and repetition of the contents appeals to me and the discoloured lining. Imagine entertaining with all this.

Comments

  1. These boxes just contain lots of treasure to me! lucky you, you have been finding lots of beautiful objects (but is there anything left in your mum's house???)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment