Book Titles

After my morning at the archive last week and through my collection of old books I had been playing with making up new stories based on snippets from old books and other ways of using the old texts because they have an interesting old type of language to them. We don't talk in that way any more and I suppose this is what interests me just as much as the aged covers and muted colours. Then I came across an artist called Nina Katchadourian who uses Book Titles to create a sort of poety as can be seen in the image below and see more on her website http://www.ninakatchadourian.com/languagetranslation/sortedbooks.php:

The text is quite small, so in case you can't quite see it, the book titles read:

A Day at the Beach

The Bathers

Shark 1

Shark 2

Shark 3

Sudden Violence

Silence


It would be interesting to organise your book shelves in this way - I bet you could lose an hour or two - maybe there could be some coincidences to find in the library like this? Gives book binding a whole new meaning.

Comments

  1. I like your way of thinking! It would give libraries a whole new look and interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I don't seem able to visit the library in the same way anymore, as I am looking out for coincidencies all the time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment