Unexpected gifts

One of my studio pals gave me these today.....



They are a strangle little collection - so obviously I am unable to resist taking ownership of them.....
An odd archive of sorts.


Dyed wool samples in lovely cardboard boxes.  Its hard to know what I like about them best, the containers, the contents or the lovely hand written recipes and test results.


Just debating as to whether I have time to develop these into something for my MA work, or whether to save them and not rush it.  Thanks Martin - lovely present.

Comments

  1. I think I would find a present like that exciting too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh I'd savour them, they're lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhhhhh that is a NICE unexpected gift!!! Everything about them appeals to me.....the boxes, contents, and notes. What WILL you do with them Fiona?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would swoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to have these. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do feel very lucky - I will savour them - I need some time to really get to know these objects. A feel my next project coming on...

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!!!!! love them.............. lucky you what treasure x Thank goodness they found you - all too often beautiful things like this get thrown out x

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are exquisite Fiona, just waiting for your interpretation. Love the new look blog, I may need some more lessons....

    ReplyDelete
  8. F- that is one amazing gift on so many levels. Congratulations on being ever so close to the MA finish line. Maybe keep the boxes to do something for you after. Love the blog - so many dimensions to your work. Go well. B

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Barry - such kind words.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment